Sunday 23 October 2016

Rainbow Canvas

A colleague at work has left to move to Cornwall. She and her partner and children are living the dream they longed for. I wanted to make her a little something to remind her of the time she worked with so many children in school. This is what I made...


 

I bought a canvas and some acrylic paints. I painted the canvas and coloured some pearls with Promarkers to match the rainbow. I printed the poem, drew boxes around the words by hand, cut each word individually and placed them onto the canvas. Finally I punched some tiny butterflies from off-cuts of card and placed them at the end of the verse.

2 comments:

  1. Ruth this is gorgeous, and so thoughtful of you - I am sure it would have been/will be appreciated
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ruth, it's even better IRL. I know Sue was thrilled to receive it - she was pretty emotional when she showed it to me. xx

    ReplyDelete