Friday 30 September 2016

Clean and Simple Cards

Three sympathy cards have unfortunately been needed. I do not find it easy using 'With Sympathy' sentiments, preferring to use 'Thinking Of You'.
I used 'Thinking of You' sentiments for the cards I made for my two nieces on the sudden and very unexpected death of their father. Somehow, a deeper more meaningful sentiment was needed for Symon's elderly parents. I decided 'With Sympathy' was the correct one to use.



I really like white on white cards and I used pearls and a matching coloured background to the sentiment just to make the card 'pop'.


This stamp is a wooden stamp and has been in my stash for years - literally. I can even remember buying it. It was being demonstrated with bleach being added to the finished card!! However, I digress. I used my ink dusters to create this background and then stamped in various green shades of Versa inks. I doubled matted the card and mounted it onto an embossed piece of card using the Tied Together embossing folder. Three pearls and a sentiment completed this card.

 

4 comments:

  1. Your cards look lovely Ruth. They are always difficult cards to make and I usually use Thinking of You for my sentiment too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barb. I think they are the most difficult cards to make - such sensitivity is needed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are neither easy or nice to have to make, and you have made some beautiful cards Ruth. Love the white on ehite, but the green toned one is really stunning tomy eyes.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Ruth, perfect designs for sympathy cards. I know what you mean about sympathy cards being the most difficult to make. xx

    ReplyDelete